Wednesday 1 June 2011

What I'm all about - Project Memory


One of my memories: "1985, London - This is me with Edie and Bettie, the lovely next door neighbours. As you can see I'm sporting a lovely bowl cut inflicted by Mum. They were lovely neighbours and put up with my Dad knocking through to their lounge whilst trying to make our living room square and me trying to learn how to play the trumpet like Sonia out of Eastenders! They were also the oldest lesbian couple I knew of, although I didn't click that they were a couple until I was much older!" http://www.facebook.com/ProjectMemory

Being a mature part time student, my undergraduate degree in Multimedia Design is going to take me six years. Most people would see this as a disturbing concept, but I always try and see the positives in life. There are a quite few advantages for my situation. Firstly, I have time to allow my studies to sink in, to let my brain mull over what I have learnt, this also helps to keep me updated with the changes in my subject area, for which there are many! I started my course learning Action Script 2 and now learning Actionscipt 3. Secondly, I get to meet many wonderful, interesting and creative people over this time. Not only my fabulous fellow students, but I also get to know my lecturers really well. I have built up many good relationships and friendships and have learnt many things from very interesting people. I also get to have a NUS student card for six years, bargains and discounts galore! More importantly it allows to plan ahead and this is where Project Memory comes in.

I am currently collecting memories from people, visual memories of either photos or video. People can join my Facebook page Project Memory and upload up to 3 images or videos with a year, location and the memory that media evokes. You can join in the fun on Facebook here:
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectMemory
 
If you do join, and share a memory, you will also be participating in eventually a piece of digital art/multimedia artefact. I’m planning to use the memories for my final year project, that commences in September 2012 and will be in the final year exhibition in June 2013.
I hope to see your memories soon. There are already a few people sharing so take a look into a strangers head and look at their history.




No comments:

Post a Comment