Tuesday 7 June 2011

Facebook, Flickr and a Twit on Twitter


I have managed to get myself suspended from twitter within around 30 minutes of setting up my project memory account. That makes me a complete Twit rather than the tweeter I was hoping to be. Unfortunately, I didn't read their rules properly and started to manically try and promote Project Memory to everyone. Within 20 tweets, they had suspended my account. At first, I had no idea what was wrong, then the email came through. I have begged them for forgiveness and have pleaded my ignorance, however, so far, nothing has changed. I may need to start again with that route.

Setting up my Facebook page has been a bit of a steep learning curve. Although I am very familiar with Facebook, being an admin for a page is very involved. It's a bit tricky when you set up your page on Facebook on how you are going to promote your page. I also wanted to get to 25 fans quickly so I could get the unique URL. Luckily, I have a few friends on Facebook and contacted them pretty soon after the page was set up. After reaching the golden 25 fan mark, I nabbed the project memory URL http://www.facebook.com/ProjectMemory

It is lovely to see some people joining up who I do not know and for them being so open and frank with their memories. Some are very touching. The images that some people are submitting now are truly beautiful.

I have also created a group on Flickr, for those of you with your photo or video memories already on there, you can join my group, Project Memory: http://www.flickr.com/groups/projectmemory/ You need to place your memory in the description area and then join the group and submit. The same rules apply and you cannot submit more than 3 memories in total to any part of the project.

Hopefully I'll be featuring some memories on here soon. If you haven't join the project, or you want to know more about it, please go to the Project Memory Facebook page and click on info.

No comments:

Post a Comment