Thursday 9 June 2011

Featured Memory - Treading Softly by Sarah Carr




Each week, as the project progresses, I will be featuring a memory from one of the groups. This week the memory is from Sarah Carr who submitted this photo memory to the Facebook wall:


"Treading Softly. This photo of me taken in 2007 brings back memories of sadness and hope. Strength and fear. Oppression and freedom. I both love and hate the memory that this image raises within me. A close friend of mine commented that the starlings above and around my head were like thoughts, surrounding me."



I think that it is a real example of how much emotion a photo can evoke and how a photograph can take you back into that snapshot of time. It is a very beautiful memory. You can see Sarah's memory and others on the Project Memory Facebook Page. Come and join the project and share your memories too.

No comments:

Post a Comment